vrijdag 14 augustus 2009

Starting up French Class

Starting up my French. So far I have bought the odd issue of Le Monde during the holidays. Nice, but not really helpful. Articles I understood were about cycling.

1. Downloaded two articles on French Economy from OECD.org/france, with counterparts in English. Hope to read them somewhere next week and summarise them.

2. Bought two Strategy books on Sun Tzu and the Martial Arts in French. Hope to get them next week, in time for my strategy classes, to read, and summarise by chapter as extra work.

3. Signed up for Ma France, the BBC's online Distance Learning Programme in French for advanced learners. Hope I will be able to keep up.

4. Sent Esther Korterink, French teacher-cum-sister in Law, an e-mail regarding the best book to buy on business in France. We'll see...

5. During all this hard action, I watched three policiers on TV5 Monde. Rather good acting, superficial stories, spinning out in endless conversation, as expected. Poor camera work (steadiness, focus, colour) - watched the Beeb too much, I fear.

- Learning point: cannot translate this text in FRENCH!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten